I took a little drive up Big Cottonwood Canyon today, hoping to catch a glimpse of some fall color before the next storm arrives and finishes it off. I’m pretty sure I missed the peak time, with all the reds and burnt orange, but is was still pretty. It was a little overcast and my camera lenses had a big fingerprint right in the middle (darn), but I enjoyed my drive. After a little cropping (or a lot of cropping), I salvaged a few prints, but I can’t say I love them. My camera just doesn’t do them justice!
The drive was beautiful. Apparently a lot of other people had the same idea. I saw so many people taking pictures.
Fall is such a beautiful season.
It makes me happy!
(You can click on the pictures and make them larger.)
JoAnn
5 comments:
Glad you finally got to go. Sorry about your lens. You still got some good pictures though.
The colours come through, true to autumn. What a lovely way to spend an afternoon!
This truly is one of my favorite times of the year.
I so love to drive and take photos of all the beautiful colors...before that first north eastern wind starts howling.
When I lived in Utah, I loved riding up the canyons to look at the fall colors. They truly are spectacular.
In my area, we get lots of yellow and some orange, but not those great DEEP colors. Not as much.
fall is a treat for the eyes I think
I love fall- just wish we had more fall colors in my area- usually the only time I get to see fall colors is if I take a drive to high country. thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment