We had some serious games going on on New Year’s Eve. I managed to play Chinese Checkers with Joshua while playing Racko with Maddie and Brooklyn. At the same time!
Of course, we didn’t play by any rules so it didn’t really matter that I was playing two games simultaneously.
We enjoy playing games as a family. Some of our favorite ones are:
Double Nines
Farkle
Hand and Foot
Telestrations
The Marble Game
Imagine IF
Phase Ten
Catch Phrase
Apples to Apples
Julie and Julia are playing, too.
(Not the movie version!)
We took a little break to watch fireworks!
(There’s a sleeping baby under my coat.)
What games do you enjoy?
JoAnn
Happy New Year!
6 comments:
Hand and Foot - that gets played a lot here. My FIL brought the idea back from Arizona, where they spent the winters in the 80's. There are some mad tournaments here now. I like Scrabble and Bridge, but we play Catan and many other board games. We like games in this family!
Joanna and Eric have tons of fun games. My problem is I can't remember the names of them :) Jo, will you email me your pics from New Years Eve? I'm sad I didn't take more. I hope you're enjoying the new year!
We do love our games... our favorite right now is ticket to ride. love that one. I can tell you though... I'm not loving the game I am playing right now :S
I need to learn how to play some of those games again...we play "Go Fish"
Snakes and ladders, Memory,
You will need to do a tutorial on some of those fun simple games.
Looks like it's the black and white theme...Ummmmm
fun photos....I love playing games with the grandkids.
but I found out this past Christmas, they like to change the rules as they go along..to suit them, help them win (tee,hee)
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the black and white memories you've created of your family laying games at Christmas. We played Rummy, hearts, Scrabble and Crokinole over the holidays. It's a family tradition here too. all the best for the New year!
Post a Comment