Saturday, March 17, 2012

Kids…

I spend my days associating with little people.

(Sorry, it’s Saint Patrick’s Day and Darby O’Gill is on my mind!)

They are a source of joy

and

frustration.

cropped

cropped 2

It is exciting to see them finally catch on to a topic they have been struggling with and rewarding to watch as they gain confidence and skills.

It is frustrating to teach them when they don’t want sit still and listen.

I love hearing about their adventures and dreams.

I worry about their personal challenges.

Sometimes I complain about the endless paper work.

image

link

Other days, their papers make me happy.

image

(These notes came from the Kids in my primary class at my church.  I was “heart attacked” on Valentine’s Day.)

I drag myself home on Friday afternoons, positive that I’m much too old to keep up with them.

By Monday mornings, I’ve recovered a bit and head back to start all over again.

So…..

Even though it isn’t always easy,

I guess I count myself lucky that I have this opportunity.

This quote I saw on Facebook pretty much shows how children embrace life!

image 

link

 I I hope you have a nice St. Patrick’s Day.

(I only got pinched once today!)

JoAnn

 

image

5 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I love your circled out faces of your kids. :) Kids sure can be stressful but I wouldn't trade mine for ANYTHING. I love them so much!

Sorry you got pinched yesterday.

Marg said...

I always love coming here. Curious to know what I will find...and you sound like you must be one of those special teachers. I admire your love and passion to educate those dear little ones in more than one way. You are never too old.

wendy said...

so true, that quote.....it is important for each of us to try and "tap in" to our child like qualities and just ENJOY

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Wonderful post, JoAnn! I've always admired teachers work --there are many teachers in my extended family. When my duaghter-in-law taught kindergarten and first grade I helped out in her class a couple times. It was an eye opener as to how hard a teacher works!

Pondside said...

What a gift a good teacher is to the future. I can tell that you are one of those!
Working with children keeps one young and reminds one of the importance of experiencing/enjoying/learning from every moment!