Saturday, May 26, 2012

Last leg….

The ending of the school year can be rough.

Sometimes even down right rocky.

To make matters even worse,

This year I’ve been sick.

My husband got the same thing and he is almost back to normal.

I ended up with a sinus infection that resulted in having to

teach for three days without a voice to a class of active students ready for summer’s freedom.

(Image)

I crawled home exhausted every evening only to realize I couldn’t sleep (something to do with needing to breathe). I annoyed everyone around me. (Who likes to hear those barrel blasting coughs?) And, I haven’t had enough energy to pick up a single thing. (Yes, I could be on a certain television show about people who aren’t known for being tidy!)

My poor little doctor was even concerned that I might have PInk Eye, but I assured him that it was just from a little melt down I’d had earlier in the day.

Can I make it 4 more days?

JoAnn

To be continued…

 

8 comments:

Irene said...

Just call in sick and stay in bed! Sorry you are feeling so yucky, hopefully the long weekend will give you a little rest to make it through the week.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I'm sorry you've been sick. I don't like it when you are sick, especially when you can't talk. I hope you get better quick!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you have been so sick this year. I hope you can survive the last 4 days of school. Get better soon!

Katie C.

Marg said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you are not well. That cannot happen to Mother's...but I loved that sunflower. That will be the theme of my daughter's wedding in our back yard.
That bull made me laugh...I thought for a minute I found another common interest. I love watching bull riding.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy the last days of school and the beginning of the summer vacation. The photo of the bull run in Pamplona you chose to illustrate the "end of the year school children" made me smile --perfect choice ..lol!

linda said...

Hope you feel better soon. How about a day of home tours when you feel better? You need to put yourself first for a while. The bull run made me laugh. Hang in there!

julie said...

It was fun to be with you the other day. Hope you feel better soon!!!

wendy said...

Oh dear...that photo of the running of the bulls was pretty appropriate it seems.
I hate being sick...BUT KNOCK ON WOOD...I hardly ever am.
Kinda lucky that way.
Get well soon...you'll be back to RIDING those bulls soon, instead of running from them.