Sunday, May 6, 2012

Writers’ block…..HELP!

image

I’m tired of looking at my same old post,

but don’t have much to say.

This field where I grew up will soon be full of green plants (corn?),

and I’m hoping to soon have something interesting to blog about.

Did you know that the Preston Citizen (newspaper) comes out once a week and it only takes you about five minutes to read all of it?

Every single word.

It used to have wonderful “news” such as who traveled to Logan to spend time with family or who had company from out of town for the weekend.

Or…

“Miss JoAnn Hall from BYU came home for the weekend.”

image

Maybe they had writers’ block, too!

Have a great week!

JoAnn

P.S.  My class is all finished with our end of year testing!  Yeah!!!

 

 

7 comments:

Pondside said...

Hooray that school is over for you for the year!!! What are your plans?
Writer's block hits all of us. I think the thing to remember is that one's own experience in the everyday is consistently interesting to someone from somewhere else. I found this little post most satisfying, with its reminder of the old time local papers. They were interesting, weren't they? I remember when local luncheons and teas were reported, including who poured the tea!

Irene said...

Yay! Testing is done! I'm trying really hard to get you something to write about, but baby girl is just not cooperating!

linda said...

I have some ideas. Call me. When school is over things will be better.I would vote for Irenes baby story if that helps. Irene, the pressure is on!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

haha oh that's funny. I know I had heard you talk about that before but I had forgotten.

I'm so glad your tests are over. Now I'm ready for the school year to be over too so I can give you something to do and blog about. :) I have many great adventures in mind.

wendy said...

Gotta love those small town newspapers. It's about community....I rather like that.

You asked me once what my roomate from Preston's name was.
I only remember PAM........I'd have to go check some of my old yearbooks etc and find her last name.

writers block happens to all of us.

Marg said...

i often feel like that...I love the daily newspaper even if there's not much to report...but it's something to chew on.
Hoping you have some time off soon.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I loved your field photo ..the earth must smell so good. As they say some..."times no news is good news"! :)

As i live in a city of over 8 million people our newspapers are always full, JoAnn, but then they are never personal. Someone asked me if I put a wedding announcement in the New York Times for my daughter's upcoming wedding ...I would need to have a much more prestigious pedigree for that to happen...lol...so small town life can be more cozy and friendly.