Friday, June 8, 2012

The list…

 

Summer Bucket List:

(photo credit)

Now that school is out I’ve been thinking about my summer

Bucket List.

Every year I make one.

(I know, a real Bucket List is ongoing and full of big dreams, but mine are shorter, more practical,  and cover my current interests.)

Every year I only get through part of the list before the time runs out.

There is always so much that I put off doing during the winter, knowing I have my summers “off”, and then the summer seems to fly by so quickly that I’m left in a daze, with projects half done or not even started.

My "To-do List” often takes over my “Bucket List”.

Yes, I have a long list of cleaning projects, but I am determined not to let that list call all the shots this summer.

With that said, I intend to make time for some fun every single day.

Even if only for a few minutes!

So far this summer (one week down) I have already:

Played at a splash pad with my grandchildren

Gone to lunch with my husband

Rocked little babies

Played “Red Light Green Light”

Gone to a movie

Eaten at a BBQ

and

tonight we are going to eat pizza and play games with my sister and her family.

Some time during this season I hope to do some of this:

Tourists II, 1988 by Duane Hanson: Maybe the low point of both the American tourist and the Hawaiian Shirt. via saatchi-gallery.co.uk #Duane_Hanson #Sculpture #saatchi_gallery

Thanks, Pinterest.

I guess I’d better get some work done now, so I can play later!

Hope you have a fun list of summer activities, too!

JoAnn

 

1 comment:

Pondside said...

You are off to a great start!
Do you know, I used your family cookbook in planning the BIG post-wedding brunch, so you were THERE!