It’s funny how one thing leads to another.
First, I feel summer’s freedom slowly slipping away.
Then school starts.
Before you know it, the whole fall thing gets underway.
The leaves start changing color and begin falling to the ground, the mums take over as the star of the gardens, and assorted pumpkin piles start appearing at the grocery stores.
I start craving baked apples, hot soups, and home-made donuts.
And that means that Halloween will soon be here!
O.K. I’m rushing the season a little.
The tree leaves are still healthy and green, and they haven’t started falling off yet.
The mums are just barely beginning to bloom.
Most of my sweaters are still packed away.
I know. I know.
Halloween is still over a month away.
(However, the trees in the mountains have started changing color and the pumpkins really are arriving at the stores.)
My daughter Michelle loves Halloween as much as I do and this weekend she put together this fun wreath. Liz helped with the bow.
She found the feather base and the eyeballs at Michaels.
I think it looks pretty fun!
Do you have any fun ideas for Halloween?
JoAnn
P.S. I won’t say it, but have you started your Christmas shopping yet?
3 comments:
Hahahaha, I LOVE that wreathe! What a fun idea!
Aren't I lucky it gets to adorn MY front door? It sure is fun having a sister that loves Halloween decorations (since I don't have very many myself).
Don't you just LOVE this time of year?
OK Joanne, slow down a bit...the teachers and there seasons...
That is such a good wreathe and looks simple to make.
I love this time of year also...even though it's been a flurry of unexpected activities and events.
Post a Comment