As you can tell from my heading, this post is going to cover some random material. I’m not even sure if it will connect together at all.
(Pretty sure it will take some imagination.)
Here goes.
Geraniums: One of my favorite flowers has got to be red geraniums.
I plant them in my yard.
The window sills of my classroom are full of many colorful pots of geraniums.
I’m drawn to gardens and planters lined with their color.
I love how they bloom all summer (and all winter in my sunny windows).
These beautiful blossoms were from our visit to Snowbird last weekend.
Bamboo: We have some new flooring in our house. My husband has been really busy. The air around here is still tinged with the vapors of the hard wood from all the sawing. We have a few moldings to finish up, but things are almost finished. Yeah!
Rain: Utah has been pelted with rain all weekend.
Thunder, lightning, and rain-the good old kind of storm that makes you want to curl up with a book, or bake chocolate chip cookies.
(We may have become a little nervous during the night when the flash and the rumble were only a few seconds apart!) but, we live in a desert and rain is always welcomed.
There were places that couldn’t handle all the water and unfortunately, some flooding occurred. Our hearts go out to those who suffered from the flooding.
The photo below was taken earlier in the summer by my daughter, Liz, but it was that kind of rainy weather.
She sent me this photo of a park near their home. The water is covering a grassy park. We had about one and a quarter inch of rain on Saturday.
Winning ticket: I am the lucky winner of a free 16 by 20 inch Easy Canvas sponsored by my blogging friend, Pat,
at
Mille Fiore Favoriti. (Go visit her blog and see the beautiful fall colors in the mountains of Colorado. She is a wonderful photographer and always fills her posts with interesting facts and information.)
Now, to pick a favorite photo….
Well, my rambling is almost complete. I hope this weekend finds you rested and ready for another busy week.
JoAnn
P.S. Don’t you love this time of year?
6 comments:
Red geraniums are my favorite too, by far. Wish we had some of that rain you are getting. :)
Your floors are going to be wonderful.
This rain sure has been crazy. I'm figuring we are 3 days into our 40... All week I've had those old "celebration of light" songs in my head. I used to live singing those songs. I just never figured we would be living it. 😉
Loved singing not lived.
I love geraniums. I just watered mine and if we don't get a cold snap they winter quite well. i would love to be a student in your classroom knowing that the flowers were smiling at me.
I've loved my geraniums too, they are still looking beautiful. Do I need to do anything special for them for the winter? Will they come back next year?
I hope your photo canvas came out well, Joann!
Post a Comment