Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Saturday morning in the playhouse

image

Last Saturday I escaped from the real world.

Well, maybe it wasn’t a real escape, and maybe it wasn’t for very long, but I did get in on some good pretending and make believe.

I spent some relaxing time in the playhouse loft with Joshua and Olivia, while their parents attended a wedding.

The best part of the deal was trading our identities for awhile.

I was the mother, Joshua was the dad, and Olivia was our sweet child.

image

We had a splendid tea party with the three bears (and a few extra bear friends).

image

We enjoyed a little quiet reading time.

image

And we hung out with some really interesting people.

image

The pleasant temperature outside only added to the enjoyment of the day. 

Don’t you agree that everyone needs a little magic and escape time once in a while?

JoAnn

 

6 comments:

Pondside said...

Oh yes, I do agree........and it must be all the easier with such a pleasant spot for magic and escape time!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

😀 best grandma ever award goes to you! Sounds both exciting and adventurous.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

It looks like a fun afternoon! I know what a wonderful place that playhouse is, and how children's imaginations must shine when they are in it :)

Anonymous said...

FUN FUn -- cool playhouse -- what treat to have around for the grand kids as well as a hid a way for you - wink!!

Hugs

Irene said...

Thanks for all the adventures you have with my kids. They have so much fun with you.

Irene said...

Joshua said that last picture is Goldilocks and you were at the 3 bears' house.