Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Fashion alert.....

I thought I'd share part of this newspaper article (Deseret News, Monday, Dec. 29, 2008) by Ann Cannon. She was having a "holiday funk" wishing her children were still little and so she decided to go to the Festival of Trees, something she hadn't done in a long while.

"So I put on an ACTUAL CHRISTMAS SWEATER with SATIN (!) SNOWMEN APPLIQUES and went with my friend Doni.
(Two quick observations here. First, everybody should have a fabulous friend like Doni who will go places with you that no one else will...
Second, no one- except for kindergarten teachers-wears holiday sweaters in public anymore. Not even at places like the Festival of Five Billion Christmas Trees. Have you noticed? Oh my gosh! HOW DID I MISS THAT CRUCIAL FASHION UPDATE?"

Well, now you know. My advice is not to get rid of them, however, because someone will pay good money for them to wear them to a party! I might even have to borrow some to wear to school- since teachers will wear anything!

Have a fun,
SAFE New Year's Eve tonight!

3 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

haha, you are funny mom. But that is kind of funny that that was in the paper just after our party.

Anonymous said...

that's way funny. She should have an email link to the paper and I think you should email our photos and tell her you are a teacher! She'd get a good laugh.

Lacey said...

he he he!