We wish we could have had the whole family join us,
but schedules are pretty tight this time of year.
We missed those of you who were not here.
We went bowling, ate soup and hot scones, and went to Temple Square to see the lights.
(Katie and Melissa are getting ready!)
Uncle Robbie and Madison
Irene, Madison, and Andrew
Brady, Emily, Liz, Audrey, Linda, and Michelle
Ally and Chris (one of the "turkey" bowlers)
A group of cousins (Jared, Kelli, Brett, Audrey)
Mardene (Who hasn't bowled since you used to keep your own score!)
Jared, Kelli, and MardeneMadison and Emily
Karli and Emily
Morgan and Emily
The beautiful lights of Temple Square
Katie, Liz, and Karl (another "turkey" bowler)!
Madison all bundled up!
Karli and Emily
Morgan and Emily
The beautiful lights of Temple Square
Katie, Liz, and Karl (another "turkey" bowler)!
Madison all bundled up!I didn't get a picture of Jenny ("turkey" bowler #3). I guess we will just have to do the whole night over again!!!!
Thanks Liz and Michelle for some of the pictures!
Some of you asked for the recipe:
Grandma Hall's Scone Recipe
1 quart buttermilk (heat to luke warm)
2 packages dry yeast (about 2 Tablespoons)
1/4 cup lukewarm water (to disolve the yeast)
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs (beaten)
2 Tablespoons oil
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
8 cups flour
Beat until smooth. The dough will be sticky. Let it raise until double (1 to 2 hours). Punch the dough down. Cover and refrigerate.
The next day, roll the dough out (flour a little to keep it from sticking), cut into small pieces, and fry in hot oil.



7 comments:
That was such a fun night mom. Thank you so much for cooking all that delicious food. We really had a good time. We love you!
I had tons of fun too! The soup and scones were yummy and the company was great as well.
Love, Michelle
Are we fun or what! J/K thanks for hosting! I am glad you posted moms recipe! the food was great and it was a fun evening!!
I'm glad you put up the scone recipe! I hope you don't mind, I'm going to steal the pictures from your blog. Thanks again for such a fun weekend!!!
I heard that it was a fun night for everyone! The bowling looked fun, the lights are beautiful, and the scone recipe is making my mouth water! I'll have to give it a try!
Thanks for letting us come over to your home! It was so much fun!! I dont know why I keep thinking that I will improve on my bowling! haha what a joke! The food was great! Thanks!
Looks like so much fun! Karl was ranting about the Scone recipe, so I was thrilled to see you had posted it! YUM!
Post a Comment