Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A LONG day.....


Today was a really LONG day!
My left shoe was coming unglued and flapped every time I walked.
After school I headed off to my four-hour-long- computer class.
I missed NCIS.
By the time class was over the door to my car was almost frozen shut.
I can't park in the garage until the cupboards are finished.
(I LOVE the cupboards, however!)
I still haven't finished my visiting teaching.
The big cardboard box I saw on the front porch wasn't a new 42 inch LCD television,
but a new water heater (the old one died this morning)!

The day held a few bright spots, too.

I did manage to wear matching socks today.
I had a good laugh as I read one student's journal entry:
"We had to get rid of my dad's dad (he died) and we went to Watamala."
(This is probably not quoted exactly word for word since I'm at home,
and I wasn't laughing because someone died, but because of the way it was said.)

So....
Even though it was a very LONG day,
I still have a LOT of blessings.

(Including this cute little girl who keeps me laughing!)

4 comments:

The Razon's said...

It was a long day wasnt it! Katie said that she had to have a cold shower.. Im so sorry!!! Hope tomorrow is better!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Oh mom that is so sad. I'm sorry your day wasn't so great. I'm glad though that you have Madison to make you smile... but guess what? She now has the flu!

Lacey said...

If your shoe had to be flapping around then it's a darn good thing that your socks were matching! :) I hope today goes better for you.

Anonymous said...

Where are you getting new cupboards? Sorry about the long day!