
The cute little girl on the right is our sweet mother, Mildred. The handsome boy on the left is her older brother Dean.
(Her fashionable outfit was made by her mother, including the hat!)

What a nice looking family!
Mildred was friendly, talented, popular, and NICE!
Everyone loved her!

Especially her best friend, Dennis!

She was a great mother (and a wonderful cook)!
She originated the term "glob" in her home made bread recipe.
("...Add a glob of shortening.")

She knew how to have fun and had the best friends. We have great memories of family outings with all of them.

She and Dad loved the gospel
and were faithful servants in their ward.

She passed away 21 years ago on January 16, 1988.
How we love and miss her!
9 comments:
JoAnn, I LOVE your blog. Thanks for making this post about grandma. I can't wait til I get to see her again and get to know her better. I have such love for her, even though she died when I was very young.
Thanks for the blog JoAnn. We are very blessed to have been raised by our parents. They were really great. I miss them too. I'm glad we have each other and all our families!!!
Thanks for the blog JoAnn. We are very blessed to have been raised by our parents. They were really great. I miss them too. I'm glad we have each other and all our families!!!
oops, sorry about the dual messages.
What a beautiful tribute. She's beautiful, and it sounds like she was beautiful both inside and out. Fun post!
That was very sweet. Mom was awesome wasn't she! It was fun to see the pictures and remember! I too love your blog!! I need someone to tell me how to sign my name instead of being anonymous I can't make it work..This is from your non blogging sis
We love and miss Grandma too. I always feel like I missed out on quite a lot by not getting to meet her but I know that she was an amazing person because everyone I meet that knew her makes sure we know how wonderful she was.
Your mother was a true beauty, what a nice tribute. I will now always think of her on Alexander's birthday.
As for the reunion, it is always nice to rekindle old friendships.
What a wonderful tribute. She was all that you said and more. What great pictures. She was a wonderful lady....and you are just like her. You have been a good example to me all my life...no change that to 'all your life' - I AM older than you - by an hour or so.
Post a Comment