The main character is Fanny, a "sturdy" farmer's daughter
who can pitch hay and weed a garden with the best of them.
(Maybe I like it because I can relate to this story.....)
The problem is....
She wants to marry a prince (or someone just like one)!
While she is waiting for her Fairy Godmother to come and grant her wish,
Heber Jensen, a simple, humble farmer, comes along instead and pops the question.
"Will you marry me?"
I won't spoil the book for you by telling you how it ends,
but it has wonderful illustrations and a
timely message.
Add it to your collection!
who can pitch hay and weed a garden with the best of them.
(Maybe I like it because I can relate to this story.....)
The problem is....
She wants to marry a prince (or someone just like one)!
While she is waiting for her Fairy Godmother to come and grant her wish,
Heber Jensen, a simple, humble farmer, comes along instead and pops the question.
"Will you marry me?"
I won't spoil the book for you by telling you how it ends,
but it has wonderful illustrations and a
timely message.
Add it to your collection!
5 comments:
If I were to choose a couple books that I thought were your favorites this one would be on my list for you. I actually haven't read it in years and don't even remember how it goes... sad.
I bought this book at the cute book shop up the street. We should go there again!
Thanks for the recommendation!
That looks cute, I will have to check it out.
We like that one too. I'm sure you also know about The Empty Pot, don't you? I think it's my favorite children's book ever.
Post a Comment