Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Barbie's day at the spa....


Barbie is now in her fifties! (How would it be to still look so good?)
I am a fan of the Barbie dolls and have great memories of sewing little outfits
and building houses for Barbie and Ken. I even remember giving a few hair-cuts!
(I have to admit that the first dolls were much better quality than the ones that came after.)

Yesterday, as I was cleaning out the storage room, I came across an old trunk full of Barbie dolls left from my daughters. We counted 31 dolls (4 daughters + several years= 31),
including the babies!
Most of them looked like this.
(Doll hair does NOT age well.)

I thought we could eliminate all but a few, but my daughters said "No!"
Each one was sentimental to one of them.

That's when the real work started. (So much for cleaning the storage room!)
We scrubbed and scrubbed.We washed the clothes.Katie worked on their hair (not much you can do there),
Now the dolls are ready for one more generation to enjoy!

5 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I love my barbies!!! I don't want you to get rid of ANY of them :) We sure had a lot of fun "accessorizing" our dolls.

Julie said...

Sadie loves playing with our multi-generational collection too! Great fun.

The Razon's said...

I just loved the 2 finger hot pad. It was priceless! I would kill to fit into that! HAHA

The Gathering Place said...

Tomorrow I will post a picture of the yellow knitted Barbie sweater that everyone calls "the hot pad". For the record, I made that when I was just a youngster and I thought it was pretty cute. How hurt I am that people are laughing at it and referring to it as a yellow hot pad! Just because it is as thick and square as one. Geeeeze (think Napoleon Dynamite).......By the way, thanks for helping me shop!

Small House said...

OH, I loved Barbie growing up. My daughter didn't so much, DARN IT!

It's fun to look through them everynow and then.
Have a great day.
Sandra