Saturday, June 13, 2009

First week of summer- rain, more rain, and a funeral


(Aunt Verna's family and Aunt Mardene)
My Aunt Verna passed away this last week.
She lived a good life of 96 years, raised a big family, kept a neat and tidy home,
loved to garden, and was a great cook.
She will be missed!

I got to reconnect with cousins that I haven't seen in a long time,
(We had a lot of fun growing up!)




hang out with my little granddaughter Maddie (and her new friend),




spend some time at the "old homestead",


and enjoy the beauty of Cache Valley.

The rain has made everything clean, green, and beautiful!


I hope summer doesn't go too quickly.
My first week has flown by!


*******
Maddie in her new 50 cent Old Navy hat!

3 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Did you realize that you said "I hope summer doesn't go by too quickly, the first week has flown by" two times. I'm glad we got to see you... I got mommy sick sometimes and love to spend time with you whenever I can.

The Gathering Place said...

Thank goodness I have a good editor!
Thanks!
JoAnn

linda said...

The rain is a pain sometimes but I don't recall things being as beautiful as they are this year. We have some great relatives don't we! Good luck with everything you have going on!