Today is Thanksgiving!I'm up early and the house is quiet (my rolls need some "raising" time).
My family is still sleeping soundly.
This gives me some time to reflect on things I'm thankful for:
My family
My religion
Friends
My job (I complain, but I really enjoy it and I'm thankful for the paycheck.)
My house (And our ability to host the family and friends who came by last night.)
Our health
Our freedom (Thank you, thank you, thank you to those who serve our country!)
Our heritage (One of my students was asked where his ancestors came from. He said he didn't think he had any ancestors!)
Food, clothing, and material blessings
Nature
I'm even thankful for some of those little things we often take for granted:
Rhodes rolls (My back up plan if the home made ones don't turn out)
The fireplace (Oh, the warmth it gives as I snuggle in front of it on a cold night!)
My cell phone (Yes, I was once stranded with a flat tire on the freeway- pre cell phones.)
My computer (How would I be doing this otherwise?)
My camera (Which I have a LOT to learn about.)
ETc.
I hope everyone has a great day today!
We will miss those who are far away!
♥
JoAnn
P.S. Don't you hate it when you get full too quickly and you can't eat all the delicious food you want? (That's kind of a mixed blessing!)
5 comments:
haha I love that your student doesn't have ancestors. That's hilarious. I am thankful for all of those things you talked about too!
Have a great day !!!!
You mentioned several things that we take for granted so many times.
Enjoy your long weekend with family and friends.
Isn't it grand to shut down the classroom?
I am thankful for your blog. I enjoy reading it. :-)
So much to be thankful for! I hope you had a grand Thanksgiving! :)
Post a Comment