Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mountains, showers, and chickenpox...



Utah has some beautiful mountains!

Yesterday, I went to Provo with my husband's parents and two of his sisters to attend a baby shower for a cousin's daughter. My sister-in-law has this view from her front door.

Pretty spectacular, isn't it!

She can walk out on her front porch (or look through a window) and almost touch this beautiful mountain, lovingly referred to as Y Mountain!
(Click to read more about it.)

For four years I got a daily dose of its beauty, too, as I went to college at BYU.
We drove a little further to a pretty farm area called Lake Shore to attend a baby shower for a cousin's daughter.

It was great seeing all these fun cousins again!


The rest of the weekend I hung out with some special little girls who just happened to have
a mild (but still contagious) case of
chickenpox
.




(It's good to know that chickenpox feet can still taste delicious!)

Their mommy had a bit of cabin fever and needed a break-so we all enjoyed hanging out in our pajamas and taking it easy.

It was an unusual weekend-
but a good one!

JoAnn

3 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I love the pictures of the girls. Too bad the picture with Maddie eating her feet was too sunny. I love the lighting though for her picture.

Lacey said...

I'm so glad that Liz, Karl and the girls were able to get away and enjoy your company this weekend. Fun pictures!

Marg said...

I love the shots of those mountains. They are so beautiful and the changing seasons give so much more beauty.

Looks like you had a great weekend with family and those little grand kids...pox or no pox.