What is every farmer's dream, you ask?
Sons!
(Farmers need boys to help with the farm work and to carry on the family name. Right?)
Well, our father was blessed with four girls and
ZERO Sons!
(He loved us anyway.)
Last week I went to the musical "Fiddler on the Roof" and all I could think about was my cute father trying to keep up the "traditions" of his ancestors while he was dealing with silly girls who didn't like to get dirty or smell funny. We were a sad lot as far as being very helpful.
BUT...
We did do some farm chores like drive the truck to haul hay, wash down the barn after milking, and feed the calves.
I have some great memories of fun times with my sisters! I'm sure I would have loved having brothers, too, but sister relationships are special.
"She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities.
She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best,
and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion,
someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark.
She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent,
even your shrink.
Some days, she's the reason you wish you were an only child."
-Barbara Alpert
A few years ago I made each of my sisters a photo book with all the pictures I could round up of us as we were growing up and some recent ones as we had gathered together for family parties or girls' trips. I put in some sister quotes and a few memories.
It is always fun to sit and ponder those times.
Note how I left some blank pages at the end. I hope we can put in a lot more great pictures as the years pass.
Thank you to my wonderful sisters: Diane, Linda, and Julie.
I LOVE you!
Do you have any sisters,
or good friends that are as close as the real thing?
If you do, I hope you agree!
♥
JoAnn
P.S. Holly's give away continues. Be sure to leave a comment and you might be the winner of a set of her cute cards.
Enter before March 13th at midnight.

This is another example of her cards.
Check out her shop here.
I am linking this post to The Little Red House for Mosaic Monday.
Sons!
(Farmers need boys to help with the farm work and to carry on the family name. Right?)
Well, our father was blessed with four girls and
ZERO Sons!
(He loved us anyway.)
Last week I went to the musical "Fiddler on the Roof" and all I could think about was my cute father trying to keep up the "traditions" of his ancestors while he was dealing with silly girls who didn't like to get dirty or smell funny. We were a sad lot as far as being very helpful.
BUT...
We did do some farm chores like drive the truck to haul hay, wash down the barn after milking, and feed the calves.
I have some great memories of fun times with my sisters! I'm sure I would have loved having brothers, too, but sister relationships are special.
"She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities.
She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best,
and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion,
someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark.
She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent,
even your shrink.
Some days, she's the reason you wish you were an only child."
-Barbara Alpert
A few years ago I made each of my sisters a photo book with all the pictures I could round up of us as we were growing up and some recent ones as we had gathered together for family parties or girls' trips. I put in some sister quotes and a few memories.
It is always fun to sit and ponder those times.
Note how I left some blank pages at the end. I hope we can put in a lot more great pictures as the years pass.Thank you to my wonderful sisters: Diane, Linda, and Julie.
I LOVE you!
Do you have any sisters,
or good friends that are as close as the real thing?
If you do, I hope you agree!
♥
JoAnn
P.S. Holly's give away continues. Be sure to leave a comment and you might be the winner of a set of her cute cards.
Enter before March 13th at midnight.

This is another example of her cards.
Check out her shop here.

I am linking this post to The Little Red House for Mosaic Monday.

12 comments:
Oh so sweet! Yes I have 3 sisters and I have 4 brothers, too. Loved your mosaics...
I love your sisters too! And their kids too. We have had many good and fun memories over the years and I am grateful for all of those memories.
What a wonderful post...I loved all of it...
You are so lucky to have sisters who are also friends. What a great idea for sister gifts. I've just found your blog. Very cute! I'll be back. Mimi
Dear Jo, thanks for the post. I loved the poem. Thanks for the memories and for being a great big sister! . I loved growing up on the farm and I really miss those good ole days. I love my sisters too!! love the mosaics. They, made me homesick!.(I have an idea for our next family party. It has to do with mens dress ties. )
JoAnn, that was so sweet. We did have an ideal childhood, didn't we? Thanks for being a wonderful sister and a great friend! I love you. (Love you, Linda and Diane, too!) I can hardly wait to hear Linda's next family party idea!
Very sweet!
Oh how sweet! Thanks for sharing your memories at MM. :)
I am lucky to have 3 great sisters who are also my best friends. I love spending time with them all. I just wish Heidi lived closer so we could see her more. Nothing is stronger than the bond between sisters. I love you all!
Katie C.
What a wonderful mosaic and post! I have one sister but she was much older and we were not very close She now lives far across the country. I do have good friends who are like sisters...and I do treasure that!
Oh, sighhhhh, I have no sisters, only five brothers. I do have some fun sisters-in-law now, but I think it's still not quite the same. I'm glad my daughters each have a sister, though they are about as different as night and day. At least their mutual exasperation with me is something they have in common!
Just so you know, my mom never did any of the chores. She just played with Mardene
Post a Comment