Our side fence had been showing some signs of aging.
Probably due to all those years when the kids played games balancing on its top railing.
It zigged and zagged along the property line.
A strong wind could easily have knocked it down.
We even had to prop it up in a few places.
The flowers had to compete for attention!
Some of our family were here for dinner last night and we mentioned that we were thinking of putting up a new fence. Within minutes the whole family was out side knocking the old fence down. (You know it must have been really ugly since everyone was so eager to demolish it and the temperature
was at least 97 degrees!)
We all got caught up in the action and before we knew it the old fence looked like this.
We forgot to pull out the camera until everyone was finished and most had gone,
but THANKS for helping us!
P.S. We did have the permission of our neighbor who eagerly watched the whole process AND we are planning on some great fires in our fire pit.
Should I be feeling some remorse for losing a part of our past?
Hmmmm...
I don't!
P.P.S. Today a great artist passed away.
Arnold Friberg painted one of my favorite pieces (we have it hanging in our den),
The Prayer at Valley Forge.
He was 96 years old and lived in Salt Lake City.
Arnold Friberg painted one of my favorite pieces (we have it hanging in our den),
The Prayer at Valley Forge.
He was 96 years old and lived in Salt Lake City.
This painting inspires me.
(photo from Google.com)
♥





2 comments:
I really didn't realize our fence was that bad. It is going to be so beautiful when it is done. I can't wait to see it.
Yippee I love to see what the family is up to next! I love your flowers.
Post a Comment