Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence Day....

Happy Birthday, America!
A lot of history has happened since July 4, 1776.


























Thank you to all  whose bravery and sacrifice have made our lives safe and comfortable.
Thank you!

"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."
-Elmer Davis

"We can't all be Washingtons, but we can all be patriots."
-Charles F. Brown

I LOVE AMERICA!

Have a great (and safe) holiday.

5 comments:

Small House said...

We do have a wonderful country to live in! Happy 4th of July!

Just catching up!!

Anonymous said...

It was great having a 2 day celebration with the Bairds for Independence Day. Thanks for reminding us all about the true meaning of this holiday.

Katie C.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Those flags sure were beautiful! I do love this country and the freedom we have here- especially religious freedom.

Mimi Sue said...

Hope your 4th was as fun as ours. Mimi

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Beautiful photo! I hope you had a very happy July 4th weekend!

To answer your question: I've been to Washington DC many times as my son went to college there, but it was in the pre digital camera and pre blog years ...lol

My advice is to buy a couple days pass to the "hop on and off tour tram ride" so that you cna visit all the sights around the Washington Mall and also go to Arlington National Cemetery to see the change of the gaurd ceremont at the Grave of the Unknown Soldier.

All the monuments are wonderful to see, the Vietnam, Korean and WWII memorials, all the Smithsonian Museums are all wonderful (and free!) Of course you'll want to see the outside of the White House and Capital building.

If you have any specific questions just e-mail me -- I'd be happy to answer them.