Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Staying in touch.....

It's been hard having two of my grandchildren move away 
(and their parents).
Yes, I know that a four hour drive isn't the end of the earth, but it does take more effort to be together now.

We have found several ways to stay in touch.
1.  Phone calls.  (I love free long distance!)

2.  Talking on Skype.  (Thank you Andrew and Irene.)


3.  Writing letters (e-mail and the stamped kind).


Maddie gets to treat her family to Slurpies.
She even got letters from both grandmas on the same day.
(We all miss them!)

THANK GOODNESS FOR MODERN TECHNOLOGY!

Have a great day.
JoAnn

8 comments:

Pondside said...

I'm with you - technology is such a gift when grandchildren are far away. My two moved with our son and DIL across the continent last summer. We're lucky to see them twice a year, but we skype a lot. I'm counting the days until I fly out to see them next month.

Anonymous said...

I am just glad that they will only be in Idaho Falls until November. Hopefully they will be able to settle somewhere closer. We will have to go visit their family and the Mitchells some time soon!

Katie C.

Colin, Jess, Kenner, Lily and Ember said...

That is so sweet and the best way to keep in touch. Skype sounds amazing and fun! And the letters, there is nothing better than getting mail no matter how old you are. =)

julie said...

We are excited about the possibility of you all coming to visit!

Lacey said...

Maddie looks beyond thrilled with the letters she received! We've come a long ways since the Pony Express was the only option... thankfully! We're going to have to Skype with them soon. :)

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

We love technology too. Maddie asks me all the time if we can call Grandma on the computer or if Andrew is on the computer right now. And the letters... oh how she loves the letters. I think I am going to have to invest a pretty penny in stamps with how many things she wants to mail you guys. It's been fun though, it gives us all something to look forward to. Speaking of... we are looking forward to seeing you on thursday.

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Makes you wonder about those times long ago when it took months to travel from one end of the country to another. Having family moved several states away used to mean you might never see them again!! I can't even imagine!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

So true, JoAnn that technology has made it a little less painful to live far way from our children and grandchildren. I love SKYPE!