Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bountiful blessings....

Last week I missed getting my Bountiful Basket.
(We were out of town.)
I missed it.

(Photo from Google.com.  Sorry- I'm feeling lazy and didn't want to take any pictures!)

Here's to healthy eating:
7 sweet potatoes
1 pint champagne grapes
1 quart pole beans
13 plums
6 oranges
6 bananas
2 stalks celery
5 tomatoes
7 nectarines
3 mangos
3 bunches broccoli
1 head Romain lettuce

Now I can try my sister Julie's Mango-Strawberry Salad.
She promises that it is delicious!  
Come back tomorrow for the recipe.
(Here's hoping that I don't ruin it.)

JoAnn

P.S.  I survived week one of school and I LOVE my class!  

3 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Wow I didn't know you were that excited about your class this year. :) So.... I think you need to save those sweet potatoes for me... I will be there next week end.

Lacey said...

Yum! All summer I've meant to sign up for Bountiful Baskets and just haven't done it yet. Sounds like you got quite the delicious (and nutritious haul!) Enjoy! And congrats on surviving - and enjoying! - the first week back to school! :)

Marg said...

Hey, I'm watching my teacher daughter prepare once again...Today we picked black berries and froze the. I noticed you did not have that fruit in your photo...
I would love to have your email address....some stuff I would like to share with you.
I'm glad you love your class.