We just returned from a few days of camping in the mountains of Southern Idaho.
(Hence the dirt, smells, tons of equipment, etc.)
Since I took about five million pictures to document the event, I thought I'd post it in stages.
Part One:
On the drive there it was such a beautiful day, with the most interesting storm clouds hanging so low and a very bright sun light backing behind them making them seem to pop right out of the sky. As we headed up Sardine Canyon we were suddenly overcome by the beauty of nature (and the indecisiveness of the weather pattern). Unfortunately, I missed the very best cloud pictures. By the time I climbed over the seat of the car to hunt for my camera we were limited by the mountains and the lighting wasn't quite as bright.
(Why don't I remember to have my camera handy!!!)
I always love driving through this beautiful canyon.
We passed some newly cut fields of grain.
A new red barn (Cache Valley is famous for its OLD barns),
and a really old truck.
Finally, we entered the National forest.
We're almost there.......
♥
JoAnn



5 comments:
Looks and sounds fun. It makes me miss Logan a lot though.
I love all of your pictures. Can't say I would have thought to take pictures of all those things but I love them. They make me miss my "home" though. :(
WE MUST BE RELATED! MY CAMERA IS FULL OF PICTURES OF CLOUDS. THEY WERE AWESOME THAT DAY! I KEPT THINKING THEY'D COME IN HANDY WITH MY PAINTING. CAMPING WAS GREAT FUN!!!
What beautiful cloud pictures! Just getting to your destination looks like it was a beautiful time... :)
Your "wide open spaces" photos make my heart sing!
Post a Comment