Camping Part 2: After the last few bumpy (what a washboard!) and dusty miles of driving, we arrived at Willow Flat, our campground. Willow Flat is like a little bowl, completely surrounded by mountains. It has a river (in the desert we can call it that, but to people elsewhere it would be a little stream), great hiking trails, and semi-decent outhouses.
My family has been coming here for years.
A lot of wonderful memories surrounded me as I thought back on great times with my family and our friends; cooking breakfasts of bacon, Dutch oven potatoes, and pancakes; having water fights; hiking to the Spring; and standing under a sky full of brilliant stars.
Our parents always made things fun!
The river used to cross the road and I always worried that we would be washed away,
but we always made it safely. Now the road has been moved and bridges have been built.
It is always fun having our extended family get together. Some stayed the whole time, while others came only for short periods. We enjoyed being with each other and missed those who couldn't make their schedules match.
I hope this tradition will continue on for many years!
♥
JoAnn




7 comments:
It was a fun time! I love Willow Flat.
Looks like a blast! I wish we could have dropped in.
Isn't my dirty car lovely? I honestly have never seen it that dusty. Oh well, it was fun. I'm glad the skunks didn't get us! :-)
I'm still sad we had to miss it, but I'm glad you all had fun. Those smores look yummy. And yes Michelle... your car looks- lovely!
This looks like a wonderful tradition and so much fun!
Looks like you had a lot of fun making some memories! We have a neigbor who camps there and loves it. Mimi
I'm ready to go again. Did I really just say that?! It is so much work but so much fun!!
Post a Comment