Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Beautiful Fall Day...and a baptism

Yesterday was one of those perfect November days
when the weather forgets that it should be cold and frosty.  Most of the rich fall color has come and gone, but the last hardy leaves left on the trees were making
a brave attempt at going out in style. 
It was beautiful.
(Click to enlarge)

I drove up to Idaho to attend the baptism of this sweet girl.
Quincy is the daughter of my nephew Mike.


It was a nice day.

On my way home I took a tiny detour past the Logan Temple.



I didn't get out of my car so the pictures aren't the best, but it looks beautiful in any season.
Of course, I had to take a picture of my favorite house across the street.



























Don't you want to rake up all the leaves and run and jump in them?
(Well, maybe have someone else do the raking part!)

I thought I'd end with this picture.
I took the liberty of playing with the hue and saturation level on my computer, but I liked the effect so I left it.

 Don't you agree that it was a beautiful day?


JoAnn

P.S.  I'm linking to Little Red House's Mosaic Monday.  I always enjoy seeing other mosaics.  

15 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I just LOVE Logan in the fall. Oh so beautiful. I know I've said it before but there is nothing like driving down those tree covered streets covered in leaves. Beatiful. I'm sad we had to miss Quincy's baptism though. Glad you made it though.

Carol said...

It looks like a beautiful day! Gorgeous pictures, the last one is really cool, love the color!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Your photos are all beautiful.
Beware of raking the leaves and jumping in the pile yourself though! My husband did this when playing with the grandchildren a couple of weeks ago. He forgot his body weight is much more now than it was 50+ years ago and did a belly flop on the huge pile of leaves...some men never grow up.

Snap said...

Lovely Autumn colors. Beautiful!

ellen b said...

Just beautiful! I'm glad you had some great weather for your trip. Sweet girl!

Lana G! said...

Beautiful indeed!

Holly said...

That has always been MY favorite house across from the temple, ever since I moved to Cache Valley in Jr. High. I was just sick when they re-did the outside (do you know what it used to look like?) but I think they did a nice job and I still love it!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

It was indeed a glorious day. You could come by my place and jump in the leaves. They are already raked!! Wishing you well! Cathy

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

I love the rich golds and reds of the season. The sky picture was spectacular.

Susan said...

Wow!!! I LOVE your post today. It was just so beautiful in so many different ways. Gorgeous photos, and little snippets of your blessings in your life.

I hope you have a beautiful day,
Susan @ CluckleBees
P.S. I think the house across the street that is your favorite is just perfect.

Lacey said...

Love all your beautiful fall pictures! Yes, I absolutely would love someone else to rake up all those leaves and then let me jump in them! :) Quincey is beautiful, congratulations to her on her big day. :)

Marg said...

What a wonderful post...sharing the experience of baptism and enjoying the beauty of God the creator. I loved that house...I love the leaves and love crunching in them. Lets crunch together, rake them up for our exercise program, and sitting down admiring our work and drinking hot chocolate together.

Mary said...

Oh what beautiful images! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful day with us at MM. :)

Heritage Farm Village said...

love your leaves! so very pretty, we didn't get much color here in wv. that home is so beautiful! glad you had a nice time visiting your niece. have a great week! jill

Holly said...

The house by the temple used to be white with the green shutters and more box shaped. I think they added the little porch thing and attached the garage when they turned it yellow. It looked nice before, but is even prettier now.