Monday, November 29, 2010

Time goes too quickly.....

The Christmas season is on its way. 
We have most of our decorations up and have started working on our list of things to do.  
With all the snow (24 inches in the last eight days-I guess finding the rake on the lawn will have to wait) it really looks like Christmas.

It seems like just yesterday our family looked like this:



 And not too long ago we looked like this:

 (Yes, I know some of you hate this picture, but I didn't have a lot to choose from since digital cameras hadn't been invented yet and film and development were pretty pricey.)

Or this:


While the clothing styles have changed (yes, those pants are polyester), the hair-dos have improved, and the house looks much different, the anticipation and excitement of Christmas remains the same.  (Katie was to be born a few months later!)

This year we get to see it through the eyes of our three grandchildren!
(And Liz's new camera!)
We are so excited!
Hopefully, we can take some good photos for future reference!

JoAnn

5 comments:

Irene said...

I sure enjoy celebrating Christmas with you!

julie said...

Cute family. Year after year after year!

Anonymous said...

We have some silly looking Christmas pictures! Maybe we should skip them this year, and just take pictures of the cute grandchildren.

Katie C.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Some of those pictures sure are goofy :) What fun memories though. Our family sure has changed over the years though for sure.

Marg said...

I loved these photos...technology sure has made a different approach to life and time...TIME.
What wonderful memories.