O.K., my break is over
(although I hadn't planned on spending it at the NORTH POLE)
and without even a chance to be tempted to get on the computer!
About the time I decided to take a break, the weather made plans to do the same. We were hit with a huge snow storm. It was beautiful, but our trees still had most of the leaves on them and the extra weight caused a lot of havoc.
The branches sagged, bent, and many snapped under the pressure of the wet snow.
You can see where the patio furniture is hidden under the big white mounds. We still hadn't winterized yet!
We lost power (after witnessing a little fire in the tree), telephone, cable, internet, and all other forms of relaxation and communication that modern-spoiled-technology-loving-folks crave.
We were not alone. Over 19,000 people were without power.
For nearly 17 and a half hours we resorted to things like this:
dressed like this:

It was kind of nice to sit around and visit with each other and we survived quite well,
(Thank goodness for our gas fireplace!)
but I did miss blogging.
Thank you to all who missed me!
♥
JoAnn
P.S. Anybody need any branches or twigs? I'm sure there must be a craft idea hidden in there.
P.P.S. Thanks to the faithful workers who repaired our broken power lines!


9 comments:
We're glad you're back. It sounds like you had quite the crazy night on Saturday. I spent my Sunday basically sleeping and getting better so I may as well have had no power. We sure do take modern conveniences for granted sometimes.
Yay! I'm glad you didn't have to go another cold night without power.
hahaha that picture of Katie is hilarious. I love it. :) I also think I am kinda glad we decided to head home on Saturday night instead of Sunday morning... I don't think my girls would have handled the excitement very well..
Oh and i was just thinking about it. I didn't even say I was going on a blogging and I think it has been longer for me to post than for you. That's sad on my part.
Welcome back! I laughed out loud when I saw katie. That is a cute picture. You got alot more snow than we did.
Wow! I can't believe you were without power for that long! I'm glad you're back to blogging.
Crazy! Glad you are back to blogging!
It was such a crazy weekend! You didn't point out that a branch broke the cable line even before we lost power. And the nice fire in the tree snapped the power line. You should have also included a picture of all the branches we now have in the back yard. We could basically build another tree!
I thought you were going to give me veto power on the pictures. That is what I look like after a shower without my hair done, no makeup, and warm ugly clothes on. Let's hope you don't have to see me that way ever again!
Katie C.
Looks like the cold is everywhere...
Come join me for a cup of coffee and we can share the stories.
It's way to cold and I can see that someone else appreciates layers. Yea!
Oh my ..winter came early to your side of the country! I'm glad you have your power back!
I hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment