(Thanks for the picture, Liz. I stole if off your blog!)
It was a good day!
(I'm not counting the dog droppings that came into my classroom on someone's shoe this morning, the student who fell asleep under our reading table, or my soggy, wet feet from recess duty.)
♥ I always love a big snow storm just before Christmas!
(It really does make things pretty.)
♥ Our neighbor from five houses away came down the street blowing all the snow off the sidewalks.
(Did I mention that he has cancer and not a lot of energy?)
♥ This morning our office staff at school cooked up a delicious breakfast!
(Thanks for helping, Robbie!)
(Thanks for helping, Robbie!)
♥ We got our parent gifts finished at school. My husband printed up a nice picture of each student and they got to decorate around them on a foam mat. They were simple, but turned out pretty cute.
Tomorrow we wrap them.
♥Tonight we helped put together a sub-for-Santa Christmas with Ken's family. His parents funded the project, I found a family at school, and we all went shopping. I'll post more about it later, but it was a neat experience.
It helped us all have that good, warm feeling, plus it brought a little Christmas spirit to his parents who don't get out as much as they used to.
♥ Our bathroom is one day closer to being functional again. Thanks, Ken, for redoing the grout!
"It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air."
W.T. Ellis
♥
JoAnn
JoAnn

4 comments:
What a productive day! I love that picture of the Mads. What a goofy girl.
Talk about getting a lot accomplished in one day! And I'm with you... a fresh layer of snow goes a long ways in helping it feel (and look) a lot like Christmas! :)
I love those snowfalls, but it does not look like it's coming this year...I'm always watching...It's such a good time/crazy time of year...but she's home again and all is well.
Enjoy your pre-season activities, especially that little gal of yours. She is so cute.
The snow is pretty. Luckily this storm didn't make the roads too bad. Let's hope we still have some snow on Christmas day. Sounds like you had a crazy day at school. I think all the kids are acting goofy this week. We still have to get through 4 more days with them before the holiday. Good luck!
Katie C.
Post a Comment