"If we had no winter
Spring would not be so pleasant.”
-Anne Bradstreet
(Do you like the ice cycles on the car?)
I’m almost over my cold, and boy do I have a lot of catching up to do!
As I sit relaxing tonight (by the still decorated Christmas tree) I realize how far behind I am on getting to my January organizing.
I’m not looking forward to all the work of putting away Christmas decorations, but I am ready for some of those good January “moments”:
piping hot soups
reading by the fire
building a snow man
baking homemade bread
(and eating it)
de-junking those neglected drawers
catching up with old friends
organizing some family histories and photos
planning what I want to plant in my garden
What projects do you like to do in January?
JoAnn
Thanks, Ken, for taking the picture as you ventured out to clean the drive way!
Thanks, Ken, for taking the picture as you ventured out to clean the drive way!
6 comments:
Love that quote. So very true! Happy Bday to Andrew! Mimi
I was expecting it to say more snow and cold, but... no more inversion! That's the thing I like most about it snowing these days. I've decided I think the inversion is what is giving me my head aches lately. They always get real bad when I go outside... darn dirty air!
What a great list of things to look forward to January for! I admit I often struggle to find the positives in January, so I may have to borrow and apply your list in my life! Thanks for sharing. :)
wow, you start thinking about your garden already? I guess that's what it takes to get stuff to grow, I always get started too late... but there's always this year...
After this cold and snowy winter we are all going to really enjoy Spring! :)
I am de-cluttering and trying to organize photographs. January is also a nice month to catch up with reading and movie watching :)
Yes, you've been hit by the Cold alright. Hopefully you are feeling better...Funny that you talked about trees coming down, and soups. I did both today and I have had fun creating my own photo albums and calendars online..since Christmas. I love to spend time listening to the classics...
Post a Comment