Dear Fall,
Please don’t leave for a while. You are my favorite season and I haven’t had time to enjoy you yet. Could you please hold on to your bright colorful leaves a little longer? I’m trying to find a day to ride through the mountains and enjoy your beauty. I want to savor your smells.
My fingers are itching to mix up my favorite apple dumplings and spudnuts. Some hot apple cider sounds so cozy. The pumpkin patches are still waiting for my visit and selection process. My autumn mums are just starting to bloom.
Thank you for making me so happy and reminding me that there is beauty at the end of summer’s much too short stay!
Love,
a huge fan,
JoAnn
P.S. It would also be nice if you could delay the cold weather and snow for a while. Please don’t let the stores start the Christmas rush yet.
Photo credit here.
4 comments:
I'm totally with you: I love Fall! I fear we live in the wrong state, because the weather jumps from Summer to Winter all too quickly here.
The weather has been perfect the last couple of days. I would like some more of those. Beautiful.
Sometimes I yearn for a fall with red leaves and crisp, sunny days. Here on the coast it's mostly rain and grey skies, with the overwhelming colour being gold - beautiful in its own way but not the fall of my childhood memories. I hope you get to hold onto your beautiful season for a bit longer.
Spudnuts...you said SPUDNUTS...
LOVE THOSE
my grandma used to always make them. I love them Better then donuts.
oh boy, did you ever evoke a memory in me.
I love fall too. It is a very short season here in my neck of the woods. Winter is far to impatient to wait for IT'S TIME.
Post a Comment