Sunday, August 12, 2012

Enjoying August’s blooms

 

With our biggest tree cut back, we’ve had a lot more sun in our back yard.  The Black Eyed Susans have really bloomed this year.

image

My zinnias  are doing much better than last year, too.

(O.K.  last year I only had about six blossoms so anything would be better.)

image

image

image

image

image

The hollyhocks are  struggling right now, but I found this pretty blossom.

image

 

 These guys are still recovering from the heat.  You can see the playhouse in the background of the picture.  We are almost ready to show some pictures. 

(Hint to Ken:  windows…windows…windows….)

image 

And my favorite blooms…

How they have grown!

image

imageimage

Top:  Joshua and Olivia

Bottom:  Maddie, Brooklyn, and Aubrey

AND…

The real proof that they are growing up- Maddie started kindergarten.

image

Now, if only August would slow down!

JoAnn

P.S.  True confession:   By taking close up photos of the flowers, it looks like a lot more than there really are. 

6 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Those pictures make your yard look beautiful! I know it always look great but those are some impressive flowers! You've worked hard this summer, and it shows.

julie said...

You have a beautiful yard! I wish August would slow down as well. Kelli and the kids head back to West Virginia on Sept. 1st. It's coming way too fast!

wendy said...

What beautiful flowers you have !!! I hope to someday get our yard ready enough to plant beautiful flowers. Up here though, we have to be selective with what we plant....due to our early freeze.

and YES, the blooms at the end are the most gorgeous of all.
Nothing could outshine that.

Renee Hill said...

vquaTrue confessions!! I have be "blog stalking" you for awhile and I just want you to know how fun it is to see your family grow and catch up on what is happening with you!! Miss you.

Renee Hill

Irene said...

Oh those flowers are beautiful! Other than the 4 o'clocks all of our flowers are pretty sad looking.... Maybe next year...

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Your home is beautiful...the flowers gorgeous...and I loved the peek at the playhouse!