Thursday, August 30, 2012

Welcome back to school!

Monday morning came bright and early.

Too early.

Especially after one of those nights of crazy school dreams where I  couldn’t find my students, or my lesson plans were missing and the principal was visiting my room, and nobody wanted to cooperate, or listen.  I’ve even dreamed that I have gone home during recess to get something and then realized that I couldn’t possibly get back to school in time.  Torture!

I had finished up my classroom just in time to have one last summer weekend.

It didn’t really seem like it should be time to be starting school yet.

Where did summer go?

This year I found most of my school “decorations” at Target.

(In the dollar section!)

This was my welcome board and it sort of went along with my classroom banner that I made last year and rehung this year, too.

image

image

My windows seem bare since my geraniums are still at home, but

I’m hoping to revive them first since I have neglected them a bit.

When I got to school I found this little bucket from the administration on my desk.  It was a nice surprise.

image

The week has been a long one with all the time and energy it takes implementing new routines and structures, (plus it has been record breaking HOT), but I have a cute class and look forward to another new year.

I guess it is time to welcome back some routine in my life, too.

JoAnn

3 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I love your banner. I think it adds a fun bit of color to your room. I'm still sad you have to be back in school... but I can't wait for Maddie to be back in school. :) Funny how that works huh?
That was awfully nice of your school to give you a welcome back bucket. What a great way to start your year. Now that it's the weekend, let's play!

wendy said...

I am sure you are a wonderful teacher. I KNOW teachers work so hard. My best friend in Utah is a teacher (now in administration) and I was once married to a teacher.
I understand all those long hours.

I hope this year will be a great one for you. I have a grandaughter starting 3rd grade this year.
And, she is getting baptised on Saturday.

Lacey said...

Welcome back to school! Your classroom is sure cute! :)