Thursday, October 9, 2014

Welcome to my favorite season…

With school now in full session, I can finally stop, pause, and remember why I love this time of year.

I LOVE THE FALL!

First of all, school is new, fresh, and kind of exciting.

I have a new “bumper crop” of students that seem eager and ready to learn, and so far they are mostly agreeable and cooperative.

image

We mapped out our hearts as a way to get to know each other.

(We have some favorite things in common.)

image

image

image

 

image

image

So far….so good!

Fall’s touch  has come to the front door of the house , too.

image

Dollar Tree crows have taken up residency on the lamp post.

image

image

 

image

I wish I could have gone to the pumpkin farm with the grandkids!

1009140942-01

And….

Some interesting characters have been hanging out around here…..

image

Now, I just need another autumn leaves tour through the mountains!

H a p p y    F a l l !

JoAnn

P.S.  Please share what you love about Fall.

 

7 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I love your fall decor. But I had a hard time figuring why you taped a heart on your house. 😊 Those birds really do look so good!

Debby Ray said...

I love fall too...I think you and I are in pretty good company...as it seems to be everyone's favorite season. Thank you for the birthday greeting too! Have a good week!

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

What a wonderful classroom full of artists! Your decorations for Fall are so pretty too! I love Fall because in Southern California the weather gets cooler and the color of the leaves turn. Oh yes, my children come home for the holidays. Love Fall!!
Jody

Stacey said...

I love the cooler weather, the pumpkins, and the mums.

You are so right about the start of a new school year being special. Everybody is fresh and excited. Love the map of my heart projects your kids did.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

The 'map of one's heart" is a really nice assignment, JoAnn. Your class did nice work on them, and your bulletin board looks very festive!

We saw some autumn color in Rocky Mountain NP last week--it was very beautiful there this time of the year.

Anonymous said...

Thrilled for your new year of kids.. all the best of FUN, Art and learning...good skills for them to have and improve! And I bet you will be one of the best things to happen in their lives!!

I love Fall toooooo can't get enough of it..
Have a wonderful week!

Hugs

Stacey said...

JoAnn, you always leave me the sweetest comments. Your name pops up as No Reply Blogger so if I don't always come over here to say so...please know that I appreciate your sweetness.