Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Good Old Days?

Norman Rockwell really captures the spirit of the "Good Old Days" in this painting.
Sometimes it would be nice to step back for a visit.
However....
I'm not willing to give up all that I have learned, experienced, and done to be young again.
(Warning: This post could be a reflection of having just celebrated my 58th birthday,
or finding out today that I taught piano lessons
to one of my student's MOTHER when she was YOUNG,
or feeling tired from a busy week at school!)

5 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

haha that's funny about your piano student. Who was it??? Do I know them or was it way before my time :)

Anonymous said...

Just remember, many people don't think you're old enough to have a 35 year old daughter! :-)
Love, Michelle

Lacey said...

Sometimes I wish for the 'good old days' that I remember -- and then my cell phone rings and I'm so grateful for it! :)

The Bairds said...

hey hope your birthday was fabulous!

Amber said...

I love Norman Rockwell!