Today we made some Christmas treats for some of our neighbors.
It is pretty easy, and we LOVE it.
(Who doesn't like popcorn and who doesn't like chocolate?)
Pop about 8 cups of popcorn.
Put the popcorn, 1 1/2 cups of peanuts, and 1 1/2 cups of Rice Krispies in a large bowl.
Melt 10-12 cubes of Almond Bark in the microwave.We did it for about 2 minutes and then stirred until it was completely melted.
Add 1/4 cups peanut butter. Stir until mixed.
Pour over the popcorn mixture and stir until everything is coated.
Cool on a cookie sheet.Break up the popcorn with a spoon.
Put in cute bags and you have a nice little treat. We tied tree ornaments on the bags.Yummy!
4 comments:
I love this popcorn recipe! It is really good. We definitely need to make extra next time.
Katie C.
YUM! I have never seen a recipe like this before. I will need to try it!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I love this popcorn. Thanks for such a fun time last night!! I loved having all of you around. Everyones sweaters were so creative! Hope you had a great christmas!
Love ya,
Mitch and Melissa
This is Kris (Thomas). I found your blog through Liz's. It's fun to see what your family is up to.
My mom and I absolutely love this popcorn. I remember when she got the recipe from you just a couple years ago and we made it up at their house in North Logan. We made another batch that Christmas and thought it would be a great idea to put a little vanilla in with the almond bark and peanut butter (because a little vanilla tastes good in anything). Well, after we stuck in the vanilla, the chocolate and peanut butter mixture hardened right up and we couldn't even pour it on the popcorn. We ended up leaving it hard and telling everyone it was white chocolate fudge. :) It's a fun memory.
Post a Comment