
Friday was a holiday from school and I used my time to do some much needed
cleaning and organizing.
One of the jobs on my check list was the kitchen pantry.
I found one of those Lehi Roller Mills dessert bags that people sometimes give at Christmas time.
(I know I didn't get it this year.)
What should I do with it?
Saturday evening Andrew, Irene, and Elaine dropped by so Andrew could work on
the almost reinstalled computer.
Ken and I were just finishing up our
Subway-sandwich-I-don't-want-to-cook-and-mess-up-the-clean-kitchen-lunch.
There wasn't much left to share.
They said they were fine. Robbie even brought them hamburgers.
But the mother in me felt a little guilty.
Then I remembered the chocolate dessert bag.
I decided to whip up something sweet.
After I got most of the ingredients in the bowl I wasn't sure if I trusted the mix part.
Midway through I switched recipes and pulled out a fresh cake mix.
Now I was pretty much making up the recipe (Not a good idea).
While we were sitting around waiting we had a discussion similiar to this:
Irene: You're a good hostess, you mixed up two recipes.
Elaine: At least you didn't put meat in the cake (referring to an episode of Friends where someone put Shepherd's pie in the cake.
Ken: I knew a guy who used to put raspberry jam on his steaks!
JoAnn: Well, I put grape jelly and chili sauce on meatballs.
pause....
Do we still have meatballs in the freezer?
The clean kitchen soon became a buffet with chips, salsa, vegies, dips,
and sweet and sour meatballs
and
that called for a game of Double Nines.
We had a party!
Sweet and Sour Meatballs:
1 package meatballs
equal parts of grape jelly and chili sauce (I like old fashioned brand)
Simmer until warm
3 comments:
Sounds like the yummiest place to be! I hope your kitchen wasn't too messed up and that you all had a great time.
It sounds like Katie and I missed a great party. We did cook homemade lasagna with Liz and Karl and had some crazy games of Clue, so we didn't feel too left out.
I'm sad we missed the party!
Post a Comment