Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"fluffy hyperbole" ......

Last night I learned something about my writing style.

"Fluffy hyperbole"!!!!!

(No, it is not pronounced like the super bowl.)

We were learning how to make good webquests
and one of the "pitfalls" to avoid was "fluffy hyperbole".
(I must have missed that in my English classes!!!!!)

Anyway,
I love using a LOT of "embellishments" in my writing!!!
Can anyone understand????
Am I alone in this??????????????????

I also love cute things.
Like this playhouse at my sister Linda's house.



(I want one just like it!!!!)

I confess, I hang decorations in my storage room, too.

I put a patriotic sign on our shed.

When I camp, I like to decorate the campground.

Do I need therapy?????????


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I, too, want that playhouse! So cute!

Sheryl

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

haha, you are funny mom. I like how you write and I think that embelishments make writing more interesting! I still think we need to get dad to make a tree house for the little ones. I ALWAYS wanted one when I was younger, maybe now that I'm older dad will make one for my kids. DAD I KNOW YOU ARE READING THIS... HINT HINT HINT!

Lacey said...

No, you absolutely do not need therapy! It's people like you who help keep this world a lovely and well decorated place! :)

Anonymous said...

Hyperbole is definitely okay to use in blogging. At least you don't use all the instant messaging abbreviations when you write!

Katie C.

The Razon's said...

I love that playhouse! I asked my mom if I can take it back when I get my own house but she didnt seem too thrilled!

Anonymous said...

Jo, you are too cute!! I love how you hang decorations in your storage room. You have quite the nitch for that kind of stuff. Oh and dont be fooled by my comment, i dont really have a blog.. yet at least :)

linda said...

Dang- that play house IS cute! (I can say that since I painted it!) B's Bed and Breakfast..there's always room for more!