Saturday, March 28, 2009

I guess the cards are stacked against me....

Today my family is having a baby shower for two of our cute nieces,
Holly (top left) and Kelli (bottom middle).
You might not think that having a simple baby shower could be so complicated,
but...

Coordinating schedules
: We spent hours on the phone trying to find a date that would let the most people attend. The first good date was the end of June, but the babies wouldn't wait that long.

Changing locations: The party was originally going to be at my house, but we moved the location to my sister's house to be closer to Holly who is almost due. Then we changed it again to another sister's home in Idaho to work around a cousin's funeral.

Funeral: Our cousin Jon Hyde passed away this week from cancer and we all wanted to attend his funeral (In Idaho). He was much too young and will be missed by a lot of people.

Flu: After all the planning and changing I am now missing
everything, including this fun event, due to the flu!
(My family is all gathered together right now and I am here wishing I were there!)

I hope it is a nice party!

(Thanks Michelle, Katie, and Liz for doing my cooking! I love you!)




7 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

We missed you too mom! But we love you and hope you feel better FAST! I hope all the pictures I e-mailed will hold you over until next week when we will get to see you.

Holly said...

We did miss you too! Sorry you were sick and couldn't come. And thanks for the great gifts!

linda said...

The girls cooked up storm and you'd have been proud. We missed you. Hope you are feeling better. The funeral was very nice. His mom, Auntie oneta passed away April 3rd a year ago.

Kelli said...

We missed you a lot, JoAnn. Your girls were so great to take over and get things done. We really appreciated it!! I hope you're feeling better!

The Razon's said...

I felt so bad for you when I heard that you had the flu! I don't think that there is anything worse than wanting to be somewhere and knowing that there is no possible way! Katie and Michelle and Liz did such a great job! I hope you feel better soon!!

julie said...

We all felt so bad that you couldn't be there...Especially after all your diligence to make sure we could find a time to make it happen! Thanks Jo, love you!

Anonymous said...

JO, I'M GLAD TO KNOW I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE THERE AFTER ALL! BUT I'M SORRY IT WAS UNDER NOT SO GOOD CONDITIONS. HOPE YOUR FEELING BETTER. AND WHEN WE GOING BOWLING AGAIN?