Thursday, June 25, 2009

June's best.....


June's best offering has got to be fresh strawberries....

and ripe red raspberries!

Who can resist?


I have a really, really, small strawberry patch and a few raspberry bushes.
Usually, I only get just enough to snack on while working in the garden,
but my family has discovered my secret.
Now it is a competition.

(Thank goodness for Costco!)


Strawberry Dessert:
Bake a white cake in a large cookie sheet following cake directions.

Frosting:
1 package cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
Mix until smooth.
Add
about 2-3 cups cool whip (I never measure, I just add until it looks right)

Frost the cake with the frosting.
Cover with fresh strawberries in pie filling.
(We like Strawberry Danish Dessert)
Chill in refrigerator.
This is also very good with canned raspberry pie filling and blueberry pie filling.

It not only looks pretty, but it is DELICIOUS!







3 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

OOOOOoh yummy. I love the raspberry secret we discovered! I also really really love that cake and it seems like no matter how many times we eat it, I still love it.

Katie said...

YUM!!! Ever since you shared this recipe with us it has become a family favorite! Who can resist?

Small House said...

YUM! I have quite a large strawberry patch, but the birds keep eating them. I've got to get a net over them. And a huge raspberry patch. They aren't ready yet, but you've made me excited for it!!
Have a great day.
Sandra