Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Heroes.....don't forget their service



Today is Veterans' Day.
A day to remind us how much we appreciate all those who have served in our armed forces.

I love these quotes:
"The price of freedom is never free."
(I don't know who said it, sorry.)

"Courage is fear holding on for a minute longer."
-George s. Patton


Here are some of my heroes:

My dad served in the army near the end of World War II.

My grandfather served in the medical corps during World War I.

My nephew Shane served in Iraq.

and...
My father-in-law served in the navy.



Thank you to everyone who has served and sacrificed for our country!


JoAnn





3 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I love those pictures. Thanks to our heroes for making our land a safer place.

Lacey said...

I'm so grateful that we have a day to honor those who've risked so much for each of us. Thank you to all our veterans out there!

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures. It is interesting to see our relatives from different generations that have served for their country. We love them all.

p.s. Happy Birthday!

Katie C.