Thursday, November 5, 2009

My first mosaic.....I'm still learning


I know- Halloween is over, but I had a lot of pictures to work with and I wanted to try to make a mosaic, so "Halloween" it is. I found out that you can go to flickr to make them, but my husband tried to teach me how to do it myself- the hard way!
(He promised it will get easier with practice.)

(If you are a perfectionist you will notice that my borders are not always consistent, and I probably could have been more artistic organizing the pictures.)

However,
I am sort of proud that I was able to create my first one.

Now I need to learn to take those breathtaking photos!
I guess the learning process never ends.

P.S. I could probably improve my photography skills at some exotic place- like Hawaii.
(If anyone is interested!)


JoAnn

I linked this to Mary's mosaic party at Little Red House. Check out all the fun ones people have come up with.

11 comments:

monica said...

love it! it is a perfect halloween mosaic.
i look forward to many more.

Lacey said...

I have no idea how to do a mosaic and thing that yours looks amazing! A wonderful collage demonstrating how much you like to enjoy Halloween. :)

Holly said...

You and Liz both did a GREAT job. These are wonderful!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

i REALLY Like how it turned out mom. You did it! I told you you could do it.

Carol said...

Came out great, what a fun mosaic! Looks like an awesome Halloween at your house!

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

I think you did a great job on your Mosaic...congrats...I love the Halloween photos, especially the "toe tag"!!!

Lenore said...

You did an excellent job on your first mosaic....I'm still learning also and every time I think I have it right....something new pops up and then I need to learn something else!....LOL
The mosaic is very interesting enlarged.

Wildflowerhouse said...

Very well done. I am new to this too. Just have fun with it.Sharon

Jeanne said...

Very nice!

from....

http://www.jeanneselep.blogspot.com/

Claudia said...

WEll hello you fellow Utah blogger :)

Your mosaic is very fun -- I knew I recognized your smooshed witch from Gardners Village ;)

Stop by and say hi if you have a moment.

TTFN~~ Claudia ♥ ♥

eileeninmd said...

A great mosaic for Halloweeen. You did great!