Memorial Day is a time to remember and appreciate.
It's a day to gather together with family members to honor our loved ones who have gone before us;
a day to remember and give thanks to so many who have given their lives protecting our freedoms;
and yes, even a day for picnics and family gatherings!
We fondly remember our wonderful parents and the love they shared with everyone,
how their home was the real gathering place where we all loved to be.
We can't forget our memories of loving grandparents who enjoyed spoiling us,
and aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends whom we miss so much.
and aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends whom we miss so much.
This year we gathered together once again to remember.
(click to enlarge)
The weather was chilly and wet, but that didn't matter.
We love our family.
We miss you.
To all those men and women who have given their lives in service for our freedom we say
THANK YOU!
(And to their families for letting them go.)
Here are some other related links if you want to check them out.
"And I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free,
And I won't forget the men who died,
Who gave that right to me."
♥
JoAnn
I'm joining Mosaic Monday at The Little Red House! Stop on by.


5 comments:
We missed you guys. Sorry we coudn't make it to be with you all!
I love all the many memories we have in that cementary. I really do feel like Grandma and Grandpa appreciate watching our family grow and gather every year together with them. I am also grateful for eternal families and that we know we will see them again someday. To all our loved ones who have gone before, we love you!
You and your family are an example to all of us of how Memorial day should be honored and celebrated! Glad that you had such a great weekend. :)
Wonderful post, sweet memories and a tribute to the servicemen and heroes of our country.
Wonderful! Such a beautiful tribute! Thanks so much for sharing. :)
Post a Comment