We’ve had a full house this weekend. It has been crazy busy, but fun.
Problem #1:
Saturday morning we discovered that Katie’s car was missing-GONE! (Actually, Michelle was the one who made the discovery.)
Of all the kids here and all the vehicles, Katie’s car is the oldest and in the worst shape (sorry, Katie), but it just happened to be a
1997 HONDA CIVIC!
The very nice police man told us that they are one of the most popular cars to steal. First, they are valuable for parts and second, they have an easy universal “key” access.
Well…..
This morning we got another phone call from a different, but very nice policeman, saying that they had found the car, abandoned in a neighborhood in Rose Park.
We hurried to meet up with the officer to see what was left of her car. It had been fiddled with and the steering column was pulled apart, but it didn’t seem to have anything missing (except the gasoline).
Problem #2:
Ken got a flat tire as he pulled up next to Katie’s abandoned car. It was a brand new tire!
Problem #3:
Does she pay for the repairs or try to sell it and start over?
I guess we will wait and see what the insurance agent has to say!
7 comments:
What a mess! I'm glad they found her car, but that's so lame about the damage and then Ken's car on top of it all. I hope this week goes better for you guys!
Aarrgh!
It really was a drama filled weekend. I think we could have done without that little... umm... lending of the car to a complete stranger who cost us money and the flat tire. Glad the day is over.
What a weekend! I hadn't heard about any of your car drama yet, and wow!!! I'm really glad that Katie's car is back without tons of damage, but I'm sorry about Kens flat... craziness!
I didn't hear about the flat tire part... Urrrg to the drama, glad it's over.
My, my life is boring. Sorry about all your drama !! (maybe boring is a good thing) Some day you may look back and have a laugh but in the mean time, we are sorry for your trauma!!!
I'm totally smiling at this post...I wish they would of stolen our civic...The motor actually died and it's only a 2003...but as you know..it is in for repairs, as you cannot let them die....
Still finding new things in common..Now it's CIVICs
Post a Comment