Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father’s Day!

image

clip_image001[11]

Thank you to the wonderful fathers in my life:
♥ my father
♥ my father-in-law
♥ my husband
♥ my sons
♥ my son's-in-law
I feel very grateful for such wonderful examples of fatherhood. 
I know many people are not so lucky.
Thank you for your patience, example, sacrifice, fun,
and most importantly,
your LOVE.
I hope you all have a great Father's Day!

“Fatherhood is not a matter of station or wealth; it is a matter of desire, diligence, and determination to see one’s family exalted in the celestial kingdom.  If that prize is lost, nothing else really matters.”
-Ezra Taft Benson
“There is nothing that can take the place of a listening father.  His ears and heart must both be in tune.  There is no substitute.
-H. Burke Petersen



He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. 
~Clarence Budington Kelland

JoAnn

P.S.  Love the bell bottoms, Ken!  (The hair is quite interesting, too!)
P.P.S. A father carries pictures where his money used to be.  ~Author Unknown

One more thought:  No, that is not Maddie, Brooklyn  and Joshua-but it looks a little like it could be them!


4 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I love that picture! Gotta love the pants... on all of them. I love my daddy too. Thanks dad for everything you do for me and always have. For all the sack lunches you've made and egg sandwhiches you still continue to make. And most of all, thanks for being the worlds best babysitter for your grandkids. We sure love you!!! Happy Father's day!

Michelle said...

Wow! That's a great photo. Is that when we met Uncle Jessie from the "Dukes of Hazard"? Happy Father's Day, Dad. There is no way to thank you enough for all that you do for us. Love, your daughter that helped put a little "salt" into that pepper hair of yours!

Irene said...

That is a fabulous picture. I think Ken ought to bring some of those fashions back.

jen said...

Love this pic too! Wow, your grandkids sure do look like you kids when they were young - Crazy!