The long list of summer projects we have going at our home is finally getting started. Things seem to be progressing at a snail’s pace, but at least they are moving. (It took me three days to paint a closet!)
I have been organizing the closet in the newly empty bedroom to hold all of my sewing, painting, craft, and gift wrapping supplies. (Maddie calls it “the project room”.) I have been gathering things from all over the house and putting them together in one place. (I love that feeling!) Maybe I’ll show pictures later when I am finished.
Ken has been working hard on the new “house”. The next few steps will include putting on the tar paper, shingles, siding, and windows. (Yes, it could be a slow process since this isn’t his day job.)
I fell in love with this fabric at HomeGoods the other day.
I loved it so much I bought it! (It came as a giant pillow .)
It has the colors I am imagining in the playhouse. Don’t you think it will make a cozy reading spot in the loft?
Out little Aubrey is making progress, too. She met with the cardiologist on Friday and he gave us the good news that her heart looks healthy and she no longer needs oxygen.
YEAH!
Before:
After:
The dots on the blanket match the dots on her cheeks! It is a huge relief not to have the heavy oxygen tank connected to this sweet little bundle!
Life is hectic here, but we count our blessings every day for all that we have been given. I can’t imagine a life without our family and friends!
JoAnn
9 comments:
Good luck! Slow is better than NOT.
Love the playhouse. What an ideal kid retreat!
Your family has been on my mind lately. What a wonderful family Aubrey was born into. She is SO fortunate to have a handful of aunts, uncles, and amazing grandparents to love and teach her.
Love you all!
m
I'm so excited about that playhouse. It does need to get moving so we can enjoy it before summer is over :) I can't believe how fast it has gone up so far though. Way to go dad! And hurray for no oxygen!!!
Ken is pretty awesome to build a dream house for the grandkids (and the big kids too!)
I love that little house...While I was in Sweden our tour guide told us that every father builds his daughter or granddaughter a play house and we saw so many cute little play houses...Cheers to your fine man for building this wonderful palace for his little princesses.
Praying that Aubrey will continue with good health.
The playhouse is going to be so awesome! I'm excited for all of the little people who will make so many wonderful memories there. And even if progress is slow, hooray that your projects are getting done. And three cheers for Miss Aubrey no longer needing an oxygen tank!!! Good news for sure!
Those are such cute pictures of Aubrey. Your play house is going to be so awesome. (woot woot Ken!) This play house will give the Hilton a run for its money.
This is wonderful news about Aubrey, JoAnn!
Yhe playhouse is coming along so well.
I wanted to come back and tell you that my son (the one who passed away) dated a Clegg girl from West Jordan Utah while in high school.
wonder if you are related???
Gosh, can't even think of her name right now.
Post a Comment