School is officially over for the year.
We made it!
Yeah!!!!
This week was a busy one, but it was good.
We enjoyed a beautiful day at the University of Utah on our field trip.
The weather was quite perfect.
Not too hot.
Not too cold.
We enjoyed hiking in the beautiful Red Butte Gardens, located in the foothills of Salt Lake City.
The flowers, trees, and shrubs were so pretty we had to stop and smell them all.
They have little signs by all the different plants so you can see what they are. (I’ll have to go back when I can take more notice.)
Look at the size of these hostas!
The kids enjoyed looking for snails, snakes, butterflies, and other living creatures. They loved seeing the ducks and the fish in the ponds.
(They spend forever trying to scoop up spilled duck food under the little machine so they could feed the ducks for free.)
They had some fun camaraderie and goofiness.
After we had hiked, we went next door to the new Natural History Museum where we enjoyed seeing huge dinosaur displays, as well as some interesting Native American artifacts.
It was a great place to visit.
Both places are included on the Salt Lake Connect Pass tickets. We usually do that every year as a family. It allows you to visit a lot of fun places at a reasonable price. For $64 you can get a year long pass to visit each place once. (They are all over the valley.)
Today, I said good bye to all my students.
So…summer vacation has arrived!
Now, if I only had some energy…..
JoAnn
3 comments:
I want to go back to both of those places. My girls enjoyed the natural history museum.
YAY for FINALLY being done!!!!!
I am glad you can finally relax and get back to full health. It looks like your field trips were fun!
Katie C.
Fun field trip! And HOORAY FOR SUMMER!!! You made it!!! :) Enjoy the freedom.
Post a Comment