Monday, August 6, 2012

A lunch date with the gulls…

Yes, the gulls.

Seagulls to be exact.

image

We have a tradition that when we go to Seattle, we eat lunch at a little place called Ivars’ and our favorite spot to sit is on the sidewalk café, along the pier.  Of course, that includes dining with all the near-by hungry birds that know they can get a good bite of food if they hover around long enough.

image

We enjoyed the fish, fries, and clam chowder.  I think the smell of the salty ocean water added a little extra flavor to the meal.

image

Having our daughter Heidi along added to the fun!

image

Pike Place Market is also on our list.

image

These beautiful flowers were a bargain at only $10.00.

image

We loved seeing all the fresh produce, too.

image

image

It was a great date!

JoAnn

8 comments:

Pondside said...

Fish and chips at the seaside, with a daughter along to share the fun - well it just doesn't get much better than that!

Mimi Sue said...

Looks like you're having fun! We were in Seattle a few years ago and loved the Pike Place Mkt. Great deals on flowers. Mimi

Mimi Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I sure do love that place. And although I do love Ivar's clam chowder... Karl and I LOVE to go to the crab pot when we are there. There's just something about them dumping a bucket of seafood on the table, giving you a bib and let you have at it. :)

Holly said...

Jealous. I want some Ivar's fried clams RIGHT NOW.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Washington State, Oregon, Utah --they are all states we have yet to visit but they are all on our bucket list! Seaside clam chowder is always so good! Glad you were able to spend time with your daughter.

Lacey said...

What a fun get away! I hope you are enjoying yourself thoroughly!!! The fish n' chips looks scrumptious. :)

Marg said...

Those are the best times...we just visited Pike Market for our first time this past April. You have definitely chosen the cream of the crop things to do in Seattle.]
Keep loving those gulls....