Summer
The best part about the end of August is that you can cut a few flowers from the garden and not worry too much about the gap it might leave behind.
This morning I picked this little bouquet from the yard.
I just hate to see the flower season come to an end, so I’m going to enjoy the flowers inside the house, as well as outside.
Service
My husband and I are going to be spending the next year serving as service missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints’ Inner City Project.
We don’t know too much about what we will be doing yet, but we received some training in helping connect people with needed resources. The purpose of the service is to help in areas of high need, taking some of the pressure off the Bishops of the wards.
The goal of the project is to help people become self-sufficient, so we won’t be solving their problems, but will be helping them do things for themselves.
We are excited, a little nervous, and eager to serve.
School
School starts tomorrow and I will be wearing my “Mrs. Clegg” hat again.
I have been busy getting my classroom set up and doing the million things that all teachers do to prepare.
I haven’t met my new students yet, but I hope we will have a great year!
So…
My head is pretty full right now.
(Five days of workshops in a row)
I hope I can keep from mixing up my duties (and keep my titles straight).
Wish me luck!
JoAnn
8 comments:
Good luck at school! It's always an exciting time of year! I didn't know you two are serving a mission. That's fabulous! I can't wait to hear more about what you will be doing.
I can't believe I am already losing you again to school! I sure am going to miss calling you anytime I want... not to mention the emergency babysitters. :)
I think you and Dad are doing a wonderful thing serving a mission. I think you will be able to make a major difference in the lives of many people. You are so good at knowing what to do. You will do great! And you get to wear really cool name tags...
PS I like the picture of you and dad!
I look forward to learning more about what is entailed in your missionary service.
Good luck with the school year ahead!
I did the same thing this weekend - cut some of my "last of the summer" flowers to bring inside! I too want to enjoy them while they last. I hope your first day back at school has been a good one. Teachers are the most incredible people in the world. Your missionary service work sounds very intriguing. Bless you both in this endeavour!
Good luck to you and may God bless you, in both your school and missionary service.
Didn't I just read something about service in Ephesians yesterday? It was good. If you don't have a Bible with you and want to look something up, do you know about biblegateway.com? I am surprised at the people who don't know it, it's such a handy thing to know! Going over now to find what verse I am thinking of, or trying to think of!
It's still weird for me to think about the schoo year starting without me. I hope your first day went well and I look forward to hearing your stories about your new students.
P.s. I Love your flowers
This summer has flown by. So nice to be retired and not have to go back to work! I highly recommend it! My hubbie and I are serving a 3 year Guest Services Mission at Temple Square. We love it and it's so nice to be at home and still be able to serve. I'm sure you'll enjoy your mission too. Mimi
Congratulations on your new calling. I am sure it will be a great growing experience for you both....not to mention all the lives you'll be helping.
I love cut flowers in my house too. It just seems to bring so much "cheer" to a home.
Post a Comment