Summer Plans:
(6 more days of school.....Yeah!)
I am looking forward to having some time for a few creative projects once school ends. Here are a few things I want to try:
(6 more days of school.....Yeah!)
I am looking forward to having some time for a few creative projects once school ends. Here are a few things I want to try:
#1- I came across a cute idea on a blog the other day (by Kate at Centsational Girl: DIY).
It even uses something that we happen to have a lot of around here.
Old paint cans!
Look at the cute planters she made using an empty paint can, tape, and paint
(and of course some cute plants).
If you like this idea (who wouldn't?) check out this site for details.
Thanks, Kate, for the clever idea.
(By the way, I am having trouble leaving comments on some blogs. I tried to thank her, but I can't figure out her system. If anyone knows the secret, I would appreciate the help!)
#2- My sister Linda got this cinnamon roll recipe from her sister-in-law Sharon who is a great cook.
(She sells them at a golf course.)
I have been craving them for a long time.

Linda and Sharon's recipe:
> 8-10 c flour
> 1 box white or yellow cake mix
> 4 tab yeast
> 2 t salt
> 4 c warm water
> 2 eggs slightly beaten
>
> I a large mixing bowl combine:
> 6 cups flour, cake mix, yeast and salt
> Mix well. Add:
> water and eggs. Mix together slowly until well incorporated. Slowly
> add remaining flour till dough comes away from sides of the bowl.
> Knead in the mixer 6-8 min.
> Divide dough into 2 pieces. Rollout dough and spread with 1/2 cube
> softened butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
> Roll dough jelly roll style. Cut into 12 pieces and place on greased
> cookie sheet.
> Repeat with other piece of dough.
> Let rolls raise about 15 -20 min or till double in size.
> bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 min.
> Frost with cream cheese frosting
>
> Frosting:
> 1 cube butter softened
> 1 pkg. cream cheese 1 tsp vanilla
> Approximately 1 lb powdered sugar (enough to make a soft frosting)
> milk to thin
> spread on each roll
>
> eat and enjoy
#3 Make some baby receiving blankets using

and some cute
Did I mention that we are expecting a new grand-baby in the fall?
Wish me luck on my upcoming projects!
I'll probably need it!
It even uses something that we happen to have a lot of around here.
Old paint cans!
Look at the cute planters she made using an empty paint can, tape, and paint
(and of course some cute plants).

If you like this idea (who wouldn't?) check out this site for details.
Thanks, Kate, for the clever idea.
(By the way, I am having trouble leaving comments on some blogs. I tried to thank her, but I can't figure out her system. If anyone knows the secret, I would appreciate the help!)
#2- My sister Linda got this cinnamon roll recipe from her sister-in-law Sharon who is a great cook.
(She sells them at a golf course.)
I have been craving them for a long time.
Linda and Sharon's recipe:
> 8-10 c flour
> 1 box white or yellow cake mix
> 4 tab yeast
> 2 t salt
> 4 c warm water
> 2 eggs slightly beaten
>
> I a large mixing bowl combine:
> 6 cups flour, cake mix, yeast and salt
> Mix well. Add:
> water and eggs. Mix together slowly until well incorporated. Slowly
> add remaining flour till dough comes away from sides of the bowl.
> Knead in the mixer 6-8 min.
> Divide dough into 2 pieces. Rollout dough and spread with 1/2 cube
> softened butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
> Roll dough jelly roll style. Cut into 12 pieces and place on greased
> cookie sheet.
> Repeat with other piece of dough.
> Let rolls raise about 15 -20 min or till double in size.
> bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 min.
> Frost with cream cheese frosting
>
> Frosting:
> 1 cube butter softened
> 1 pkg. cream cheese 1 tsp vanilla
> Approximately 1 lb powdered sugar (enough to make a soft frosting)
> milk to thin
> spread on each roll
>
> eat and enjoy
#3 Make some baby receiving blankets using

and some cute
Did I mention that we are expecting a new grand-baby in the fall?Wish me luck on my upcoming projects!
I'll probably need it!
6 comments:
Very CUTE material. Is that really material that you have??? If so I claim it! I like it a lot! Oh and you can't make those cinnamon rolls without me being around... please.
Oh and if you don't happen to have enough paint cans, I think I could handle getting you a few. I can also get cans that have never even had paint in it.
Can I tag along with Liz when you make those cinnamon rolls!? YUM! YAY FOR SUMMER!
The comment by The Gathering Place is really from Liz, she must have been logged in on my address. She works at a paint store!
Love the paint cans, and those cinnamon rolls are making me hungry. They look so good. Kelli taught at the same school as my sister and left a comment on her post this week. And Heather is a dear friend from when we lived in Idaho~I love that girl! Such a small world...
What fun projects! School is almost out... YAY! I especially love that cute blanket material.
Post a Comment